The Life of Liz

How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world. ~Anne Frank

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Chapter 5: Just Call me Ji

I'm seriously considering changing my legal name to something waaaaaay shorter. Such as Ji. No surname, no middle name, just Ji. It's not that I don't like my names (ok, I could do without Jill, but I fear people will continue to insist on calling me that), my middle name is my grandmother's and I quite like her. And I couldn't be prouder of my fine Scottish heritage. But they both must go.
I have come to this conclusion after signing my name 8,000 times, with no end in sight. As a notary public of the fine state of Colorado, I sign my name quite frequently and it's no big deal. Of course, for that, I only have to sign my first name, middle initial, and as many letters of my last name as I can squeeze in before getting bored. But all these legal documents for the home buying process seem to require my entire middle name. Which has approximately 400 letters including a z! There is nothing worse to write in cursive than a z. You have to stop, turn, curve around and do a bit of a wiggle before you can even get going again!
By the end of this process, my signature is going to look like: Ji#$~3-^^c(~-__

Just call me Ji.

1 comments:

Bonnie April 2, 2008 at 10:41:00 PM MDT  

I like it ... only, I think, to keep with the times you should be Jii.

About Me

My photo
A brand new mom trying to navigate the crazy world of mixed families, babies, and working full time. Phew! Just writing that makes me want to lie down.

Followers

Blog Archive

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP