The Life of Liz

How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world. ~Anne Frank

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

What has he seen in you?

Apropos of nothing at all. (This has nothing at all to do with my housing saga)

I've been reading the Letters of Abelard and Heloise for my Western Civ class. I slogged through nearly 90 pages of not so very interesting and came upon this passage, which I think is beautiful.

From Letter 5: Abelard to Heloise
You are greater than heaven, greater than the world, for the Creator of the world himself became the price for you. What has he seen in you, I ask you, when he lacks nothing, to make him seek even the agonies of a fearful and inglorious death in order to purchase you? What, I repeat, does he seek in you except yourself?

1 comments:

AllAlleys April 23, 2008 at 4:06:00 PM MDT  

What can one say?

except

AMEN!

About Me

My photo
A brand new mom trying to navigate the crazy world of mixed families, babies, and working full time. Phew! Just writing that makes me want to lie down.

Followers

Blog Archive

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP