The Life of Liz

How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world. ~Anne Frank

Friday, August 1, 2008

Juarez Mission Trip - Pt 5

Yeesh this is getting long! We're outta control!!!!!!!! At some point during the course of the mission trip, I lost my ever-lovin MIND. I guess tiny amounts of sleep and tons and tons of heat and sunshine will do that to you. I have worked in an office far too long. I am SOFT. Lol.
Pastor Raul and Bode. During Sunday service Pastor Raul prayed for us and thanked us for all we'd done. I almost cried all over myself it was so sweet. Although I wonder who blessed who more. They fed us the most amazing food everyday, they were so considerate and kind to us. All we did was run a VBS and do a little construction.
VBS meets construction. I love this shot of the kiddos standing in front of our wall. Notice how Jeff and I are futilely trying to escape this photo...
This is Ubaldo! He was basically the foreman on the job. He spoke pretty good English and was invaluable as a go-between for our group and the Mexican helpers. He found out that I spoke a little Spanish and was eager to learn more and practice. We became good friends! I learned all kinds of new construction words and had some fun chats with him and a few others using my broken Spanish.
The finished wall!!! I'm pretty dang proud of it.

0 comments:

About Me

My photo
A brand new mom trying to navigate the crazy world of mixed families, babies, and working full time. Phew! Just writing that makes me want to lie down.

Followers

Blog Archive

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP