The Life of Liz

How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world. ~Anne Frank

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

A Spanish Affair


A Spanish Affair

Years from now
I will stare into
Someone else's face,
Some other arm will
Wrap around my shoulders,
Some different voice will
Wish me pleasant dreams.

But out of the shadow of memory
Will come the soft glow
Of a park lamp
And the hint of a breeze
From a cool Spanish night
In an autumn long past.

Years from now
On some distant October day,
The first taste of fall
Will wash over me
And I will smile and remember
The night that
Charlie kissed me.

2 comments:

Bonnie October 16, 2009 at 4:19:00 PM MDT  

Did you write this recently ? It's good. Me likey ...

Liz M. October 16, 2009 at 9:33:00 PM MDT  

I actually wrote it in October of 2004. If you want to know more than that, you'll have to e-mail me! lol.

About Me

My photo
A brand new mom trying to navigate the crazy world of mixed families, babies, and working full time. Phew! Just writing that makes me want to lie down.

Followers

Blog Archive

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP