The Life of Liz

How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world. ~Anne Frank

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

The Asshat

It all started at breakfast...

We were discussing my sister's friend (who will remain nameless, mostly because I can't remember what it is) who, in his first semester of college, has been christened with the nickname Tuk (or some such spelling thereof). Tuk is a Canadian word that apparently means beanie.

"So," I said, "they named him 'hat'?"
Yes. Yes they had.

I noted that it could have been worse, it could have been asshat.

No one but me knew what that meant, and perhaps you do not either. So I will explain to you as I did to them that an asshat is either a reference to the phrase "I'm going to stick my foot so far up your ass you can wear it as a hat" OR the phrase "his head's so far up his ass he could wear it as a hat."

And, since I was way over caffeinated by this point of the morning (and for other reasons that defy explanation) I KEPT TALKING and somehow ended up saying how awesome it would be to make an asshat. Immediately, with Pam's help, I rummaged up some grid paper and proceeded to design a donkey shaped knitting pattern. Apparently, I do not use my ample creative gifts for good. No, I use them for stupid stuff.

And thus it was that I spend an entire weekend creating The Asshat:


Oh. Yeah.

3 comments:

Kath January 13, 2010 at 9:53:00 AM MST  

Bonnie already made my comment!!!!! I think you should make uncounted millions of them and sell them and then become a RICH NUT!!!!!

Anonymous,  February 6, 2010 at 5:00:00 PM MST  

you are so hilarious!!

About Me

My photo
A brand new mom trying to navigate the crazy world of mixed families, babies, and working full time. Phew! Just writing that makes me want to lie down.

Followers

Blog Archive

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP