The Life of Liz

How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world. ~Anne Frank

Monday, March 22, 2010

Remember

It's been a year now since Cheryl, my favorite person, my second mom, was taken by cancer. The world is less than it was.

She made this recording for me in 2007 so I could learn how to play the song she wrote. And I did learn. I played it at her funeral. That day, I played better than I ever have in my whole life.

So in honor of my dearest friend:

her song,

played by her hands.


Remember
By Cheryl Walton

It is time, dear friends, I'll soon be leaving this place.
I'll no longer be here by your side.
There's a day coming soon when you'll not see my face,
but one day I'll return for my bride.

With the deepest of yearning, I've longed for the time
when I share this last supper with you.
I will not eat again of this bread or this wine
'till my Father has made all things new.

But 'till then, eat this bread and remember by life
which I willingly, lovingly give.
And 'till then, drink this wine and remember my blood
which I shed for you, so you may live.

So my peace now I give to you, though in this world
you'll be tested by trouble and strife.
Oh, take heart little flock, I have conquered this world
with the offering now of my life!

I have much more to say than your hearts can now bear
but my Spirit will speak what is true,
giving glory to me and he takes what it mine
and he lovingly gives it to you.

I am building a home for you, my precious bride
and returning to take you above.
But 'till then, eat this body/bread
drink this blood/wine
and in doing so, think of my love.

And in doing so, think of my love.




2 comments:

Kath March 23, 2010 at 11:12:00 AM MDT  

This was lovely. The kadish we took part in last Saturday was for her, a precious lady.

About Me

My photo
A brand new mom trying to navigate the crazy world of mixed families, babies, and working full time. Phew! Just writing that makes me want to lie down.

Followers

Blog Archive

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP