The Life of Liz

How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world. ~Anne Frank

Friday, October 16, 2009

A Folk-Story

These are my parents. It's kind of hard to imagine them as children, since they've been quite a bit older than me the entire time I've known them. When I was little, I associated "older than me" with "taller than me." I am now taller than both my mom and my sister...
But I digress...


This is my dad, isn't he cute?!



This is my mom, also super adorable!


Pretty much everything I know, I learned from my parents. Mom taught me how to read, how to cook, how to balance a budget and keep a house. My dad taught me to drive, to ride a bike and to fish.
I like to think I've absconded with the best of both padres. Dad is funny and super creative while Mom is smart as a whip and wonderfully practical. Although I am rapidly turning into my mother, the bits of me that come from Dad are pretty important too.

4 comments:

Kath October 16, 2009 at 3:57:00 PM MDT  

I didn't even know you were blogging again! Just had a lovely browse through your blogland, culminating in this wonderful tribute to your parents. You are indeed a lucky girl. Thanks for sharing this with us.

Bonnie October 16, 2009 at 4:24:00 PM MDT  

I love that you are blogging again ! I think you might be blogging more than me these days even !! ha ha. I love this post !! Love the photos of your parents. I don't think I've ever seen one of Uncle Larry as a child and oh my goodness was he a cutie !! And that photo of Aunt Jo and Grandpa !! Awwwwwwwwwww !!!

Loved your words ...
And your sentiment ...

I need a tissue !

Sabba and Nanny October 18, 2009 at 9:35:00 PM MDT  

This is a wonderful post. I applaud it and laud it. Kudos.

And yes, your dad and mom are very cute in these photos. I, too, do not believe I've ever seen pictures of a young Larry.

About Me

My photo
A brand new mom trying to navigate the crazy world of mixed families, babies, and working full time. Phew! Just writing that makes me want to lie down.

Followers

Blog Archive

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP