The Life of Liz

How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world. ~Anne Frank

Monday, October 12, 2009

Ponderings

The matter is quite simple. The Bible is easy to understand.
But we Christians are a bunch of scheming swindlers.
We pretend to be unable to understand it because we know very
well that the minute we understand, we are obliged to act
accordingly. Take any words in the New Testament and forget
everything except pledging yourself to act accordingly.
My God, you will say, if I do that my whole life will be ruined.
How would I ever get on in the world?

Dreadful it is to fall into the hands of the living God.
Yes, it is a dreadful thing to be alone with the New Testament.

~Søren Kierkegaard

2 comments:

Bonnie October 16, 2009 at 4:17:00 PM MDT  

Wow. what a statement.

Who is this Soren Kierkegaard ?

Liz M. October 16, 2009 at 9:36:00 PM MDT  

a 19th century Danish philosopher and theologian. if you need to know more than that...you also must go to wikipedia.org! in other words, I don't know too much about the dude, I just really like this quote.

About Me

My photo
A brand new mom trying to navigate the crazy world of mixed families, babies, and working full time. Phew! Just writing that makes me want to lie down.

Followers

Blog Archive

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP