The Life of Liz

How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world. ~Anne Frank

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Joy Aboundeth!

So there I was, sitting in the computer lab at school (I'm not sure why I'm writing this as if I weren't still sitting in the computer lab at school, this happened minutes ago...), and I decided to take a break from writing papers playing on facebook to check my e-mail for the status of a package I ordered (it's a Harry Potter t-shirt, don't judge me!).

And what to my wondrous eyes should appear but an e-mail from UMVIM! A Placement!!!! I am going to Nicaragua to help with food distribution in partnership with Stop Hunger Now and the United Methodist Church. 

For more information on Stop Hunger Now, click here.

It's all I can do to stop myself from standing up and doing an Elmo-style YAYYYYYYYY right here in the lab. 

I'll be sharing more details as I have them.


Oh, and my shirt should be here today, tomorrow at the latest...

1 comments:

About Me

My photo
A brand new mom trying to navigate the crazy world of mixed families, babies, and working full time. Phew! Just writing that makes me want to lie down.

Followers

Blog Archive

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP