The Life of Liz

How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world. ~Anne Frank

Friday, June 26, 2009

Painting


Bonnie inspires me all the time. Her creativity and amazing camera work give me ideas all the time, I just rarely act on them. In a similar vein of dormant artistry, I realized I haven't gotten out my art stuff since I moved to Denver.

Four years ago.
No bueno.

But, in the immortal words of (Rogers & Hammerstein) the King of Siam:
Now is always best time!


One of my favorite things to do is paint from photographs.
I don't really consider myself an artist in the strictest sense of the word.
I am more of a copyist.
On the other hand, copying is an art unto itself.

Oh, and if anyone has seen my tiny paintbrush, let me know.
I could really have used it...


Without further ado, I present to you Fray Luis de Leon.



2 comments:

Bonnie June 28, 2009 at 6:08:00 PM MDT  

I love it Jill !!! You are TOTALLY an artist ... and I can't wait 'til one of your works of art can hang in my home !!

PS ... you really do have talent. I hope you pick up your brush again before another four years goes by ! you are right, that is no bueno !!

Sabba and Nanny July 14, 2009 at 4:37:00 PM MDT  

Marvelous. I saw this on FB. Haven't checked back here in a while....Good work.

About Me

My photo
A brand new mom trying to navigate the crazy world of mixed families, babies, and working full time. Phew! Just writing that makes me want to lie down.

Followers

Blog Archive

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP