The Life of Liz

How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world. ~Anne Frank

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Sew, a Needle Pulling Thread...

For my last weekend before my life once again becomes exceptionally busy, I decided to go crazy. Technically I decided to start a sewing project, but at times the differences between the two ideas were negligible.

Pam and I went to the fabric store a picked out a pattern and a really beautiful embroidered linen to make her a skirt.
This is my favorite picture from the whole project!

The pattern we got turned out to be terrible. I ended up having to completely change it in some ways and just guess at what it meant for other things. Grrrrr, how frustrating! Much seam ripping occurred!

Fortunately the fabric we got is very forgiving and easy to match up for seams. This turned out to be a VERY good thing as this turned out to be the Skirt of a Thousand Seams.

One of many fittings

More seam ripping...

The three-handed seam ripping monster

But at last! The skirt is finished! And see how you can hardly see all six seams?!
Time to go uncross my poor eyes!

2 comments:

Bonnie August 17, 2009 at 10:15:00 PM MDT  

FANTASTIC !!! I love the skirt ! I love that you blogged about it !! And I loooooooooove that photo that you said is your favorite. It's mine too ...

About Me

My photo
A brand new mom trying to navigate the crazy world of mixed families, babies, and working full time. Phew! Just writing that makes me want to lie down.

Followers

Blog Archive

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP