The Life of Liz

How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world. ~Anne Frank

Friday, December 17, 2010

Stick a Fork in Me, I'm Done.

Make the most of yourself, for that is all there is of you. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

I could tell you were wondering, so I will tell you, yes, I AM wearing a shirt that says "I Will Not Be Naughty." 
 That's me, on the right, in August of 2002 - my very first day of college. Seems like ages ago.  It doesn't help that since I started college at Southwest Missouri State, it has completely changed its name! 


Finally, at long last, I will graduate from Metropolitan State College of Denver with my bachelor's in history.  I started a bear, became a magic, and ended a roadrunner.  Mascot-wise, I have become progressively less cool as time passed. 


Honestly, I never thought this day would happen. It seemed so unlikely.  


But it happened.


I finished. 


I am awfully, awfully proud of MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.




So thanks to everyone who made this possible, with a particular shout out to my mommy, who proofread countless boring papers, and my roommate, who endured upwards of 5,000 rants about how much I hate Spanish literature.  You are all of you excellent.  




1 comments:

Maeve's Momma December 18, 2010 at 7:28:00 AM MST  

Congratulations, darling. You done good.

About Me

My photo
A brand new mom trying to navigate the crazy world of mixed families, babies, and working full time. Phew! Just writing that makes me want to lie down.

Followers

Blog Archive

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP