The Life of Liz

How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world. ~Anne Frank

Friday, February 12, 2010

Brace Yourself

Yup, yup, V-day is nearly upon us!

I actually beat no ill will toward this (Bonnie-style air quotes) "holiday." I feel much the same about it that I feel towards birthdays and Halloween: it's great fun when you're a kid and can go to sugar-filled parties, but when you're an adult, it gets rather unnecessarily expensive.

I am also slightly alarmed that we have chosen to commemorate a man's brutal murder by eating candies made of chalk. But to each his own!

In that spirit, I present to you my Saint Valentine's Day haiku:


Required amore
Overpriced restaurant food
Roses bloom in June!





2 comments:

Bonnie February 12, 2010 at 5:31:00 PM MST  

I love what you did with that photo ... soooooo cool !!!

I won't ask how you did it since I'm so far behind that I haven't done any sort of tutorial for you ....

Liz M. February 13, 2010 at 12:11:00 AM MST  

All I did was run it through the oilify filter and add rounded corners. Easy peasy but I really like how it turned out! And bleeding hearts are one of my favorite flowers.

About Me

My photo
A brand new mom trying to navigate the crazy world of mixed families, babies, and working full time. Phew! Just writing that makes me want to lie down.

Followers

Blog Archive

  © Free Blogger Templates Photoblog III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP